Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kimball Kitchen: Pizza


[Whole Foods fresh pizza dough, tomatoe, cheese, basil]

[homemade whole wheat dough, tomatoe, cheese, fried egg, roasted red peper, olive]

We have been experimenting with homemade pizza and I think we have almost perfected the art. We have tried many different doughs: Sunflower Farmers Market dough (a frozen ball of dough), Whole Foods fresh not frozen dough (white and multi grain), and our own whole wheat recipe (that clearly didn't rise). Whole Foods dough is the best and most convenient. It is premade and has already had time to rise. We use san marzano tomatoes for sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil, equals’ incredibly tasty pizza.

5 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

mmmmm We are making homemade pizza on Sunday for the superbowl! LOVE homemade pizzas!!!! What recipe did you use? email me.

Katy and Brent said...

YUM that looks so good Jill, we love homemade pizza over here! Tomato, mozz and basil = wonderful. Looks great!!

Oh, and just so you know I didn't forget-- I'm still looking for a pretzel recipe, I have a few I just haven't tried them yet. I'll post them as soon as I find one!!

ZZ said...

Yum! It's good to know of a good dough to use; we've been trying to find a good one for a while too; thanks for the tip! :)

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want that!

Unknown said...

Hey Katy....I hope you look at this. haha. I want an invite to your blog!!!
janelle.leah@gmail.com
THANKS
LOVE YOU!!!