Friday, June 17, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Ryan and I finally got to meet our new niece Amaya Ann. She is a doll and the best baby I have ever seen. She was never fussy and such a joy to hold.




Ryan parents live not too far from Yosemite. Saturday morning we drove up to have brunch at the Ahwahnee Hotel. The park was packed but gorgeous as ever. The falls were at an all time high, showering the streams below with their crystal clear water. We hiked around and drove to the top of glacier point. The view was incredible.


Sunday afternoon croquet game.






The night before our flight we stayed at Grandma Kimball's house. I love listening to her tell stories of her past. It never fails; I think I always get chocked up, she has the sweetest spirit. She planned for us to have bananna splits. She had all the toppings prepared with what went on what scoop of ice cream flavor. It was a special treat I will never forget.

2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

What a cute baby!! Looks like you guys had fun on your visit!

Katy and Brent said...

Soo darling, Jill, you take great pictures!

Yummmm, I can't remember the last time I had a banana split...